This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Newbie seeeking more information. Latest Cygwin under win2k3 Server
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "nemir nemiria" <nemir at hotmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:20:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: Newbie seeeking more information. Latest Cygwin under win2k3 Server
- References: <BAY23-F1435AAC9BCABA1210A849DB2AA0@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 07:24 AM 12/12/2004, you wrote:
>On Thrusday I installed cygwin following the instructions on the website docs onto my test windows 2003 standard server.
>Cygwin itself appears to be functioning perfectly, and I am very happy with it. The thing is that I cannot seem to figure out how to get an application that has been written to call simple shell scripts to call shell scripts under cygwin. I understand that I need to set up the cygwin service, but beyond that I can't see what the apps need to do to call these scripts.
>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
You don't need to set up any services, Cygwin or otherwise, to run shell
scripts. If you're having some specific problem here, please provide
details and a minimal example of the issue.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html