This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Bug Cygwin Applications/575] Unknown HZ value! message from procps commands
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:29:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Bug Cygwin Applications/575] Unknown HZ value! message from procps commands
- References: <E1Ce8rV-0005oAemail@example.com>
Chris January schrieb:
Volker Zell writes:
Chris January writes:
>> In both cases what is the actual value of HZ you are seeing?
> 01:02 AM > w
> Unknown HZ value! (483) Assume 100.
That's unrelated, but interesting, because I got rooted yesterday on
some linux box (a new t0rnkit with some libsh), which had some libproc
hack (process hiding), which led to the same error message on the procps
"Unknown HZ value! (11) Assume 100"
At least it was very easy to fix without reinstall. ttyload got hijacked
(right after mingetty loading). rootkit in /usr/lib/libsh (hidden of
course). But he forgot to hijack lsof. So lsof|grep LISTEN showed the
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html