This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Problems starting rxvt
- From: "Harig, Mark" <maharig at idirect dot net>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:19:31 -0500
- Subject: RE: Problems starting rxvt
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jesper Nygårds
> Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 2:10 AM
> To: cygwin
> Subject: Problems starting rxvt
> I have some problems when trying to run rxvt on my newly
> installed cygwin.
> I have edited the cygwin.bat script to read as follows:
> @echo off
> chdir C:\cygwin\bin
> rxvt -e /bin/zsh --login -i
Here is an alternate approach:
1. Create a Windows 'shortcut' to 'rxvt'
(right-click on 'rxvt', create shortcut)
2. Edit the properties of the shortcut
(right-click on the shortcut file)
3. In the 'Target' field, follow the text
"drive:\path\to\rxvt.ext" with the text
"-e /bin/zsh --login -i" (other shells work, too)
Click on 'OK'.
4. You may move/copy your shortcut to either your
desktop or taskbar for quick access.
- Please do not send replies to me.
- Please do not include my email address in replies.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html