Re: Updating cygwin - problems with mirror site

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Gorden Jemwa wrote:

> I am trying to update my cygwin installation from a mirror.
> Unfortunately, every time I run setup the utility is still only seeing
> old packages and the setup.ini timestamp is also old. If I change the
> mirror the setup.ini file generated is current. What could be the
> problem with the other mirror? BTW, the problem mirror has all the
> latest packages based on a check of the directory listing.
> Also, JTBS (just to be sure), using a different mirror is less
> appropriate in my case because i get billed for every MB!
>
> If anyone knows, please let me know and I will inform the site
> maintainer.

Are you by any chance using the "Use IE5 Settings" setup option?  If so,
you may have stale copies of the files in your cache.  Configure your IE
to check the page timestamp every time, not once per session.
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT