This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error with managed mount point.
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: Mark Paulus <mark dot paulus at mci dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:33:50 -0500
- Subject: Re: Error with managed mount point.
- References: <0I8S00F9L2FIAT@pmismtp02.mcilink.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 02:06 PM 12/15/2004, you wrote:
>If someone can point me to the proper place, I would
>be willing to further analyze this, but this is the issue:
>Files/Directories that end in a '.'(dot) are not retaining
>the dot. For example:
>I am attempting to untar a tarball that contains this (done on a linux box)
>When I try to explode the same tarball on a managed mountpoint under cygwin,
>I don't get the Netscape_COMM._Corp.
>or the Sun_Microsystems_Corp. directories.
>I don't know whether the issue is in cygwin1.dll, or in mount, or where I should
>start to look for this.
It's really a Windows issue but since I believe the goal of managed mounts
is to remove Windows impediments like this, one could say it's a problem with
managed mounts. I expect you'd need to look at some source code to track
the problem and propose a solution though, if there's one to be had. ;-)
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html