This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Anyone got latex2html to work on cygwin?? Fatal (use l2hconf): l2hconf.pm
- From: bill BW <bill_bw_1000 at yahoo dot com>
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 02:10:48 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Anyone got latex2html to work on cygwin?? Fatal (use l2hconf): l2hconf.pm
For the last 6 hrs I have been fighting with
latex2html and cygwin to get latex2html to
work, but I give up.
Has anyone got latex2html to work on cygwin?
This is what I have
1. Latex cygwin FULL installation.
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 me 1.5.12(0.116/4/2) 2004-11-10 08:34
i686 unknown unknown Cygwin
cygwins install just fine, all working well.
2. Get the netpbm programs, installed no problem
3. downloaded latex2html: latex2html-2002-2-1.tar
latest version of late2html. untar,
In the latex2html directory there is a file called
L2hos.pm , Edit this file by replacing $^O with 'unix'
4. added everything to path, and for latex2html did
./configure, make, make install
all went with NO errors !!
5. But now everytime I try the late2html command
on a .tex file, I get the error
$ latex2html foo.tex
Fatal (use l2hconf): l2hconf.pm did not return a true
value at (eval 7) line 2.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 7) line 2.
I look at the file l2hconf.pm, and I
see this as first 3 lines:
# LaTeX2HTML l2hconf.pm
# $Id: l2hconf.pin,v 1.17 2002/06/15 22:46:36 RRM Exp
Ok, so line 2 is commented out. so what is
I changed the first line to
but it did not make any difference.
$ which perl
$ perl --version
This is perl, v5.8.5 built for
Why does it say '64int' there? my machine is
32 bit P4.
I read on the net that latex2html might not
work when using cygwin supplied perl, and I need
to install windows perl, such as active Perl,
and have that perl stub in cygwin tools, that
calls windows perl.exe instead. may be I should try
I'll supply more information if needed.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - 250MB free storage. Do more. Manage less.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html