This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Setup: 'Download From Internet' creates 'c:/cygwin/etc/setup'
- From: George <d1945 at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 07:15:25 -0800
- Subject: Setup: 'Download From Internet' creates 'c:/cygwin/etc/setup'
- Reply-to: George <d1945 at sbcglobal dot net>
Performing a new installation on a machine I selected the 'Download From
Internet Option'. Files were saved to the root of a currently empty D:/
Ordinarily I'd just delete the 'c:/cygwin/etc/setup' dirs and files as
they seem to contain summmary download-specific information, but I'm
wondering why this folder was created where it was. Maybe if I had
selected 'Install from Internet' and picked 'c:/cygwin' (on this
machine) for the installation directory (neither of which is the case),
it might make more sense.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html