This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bad mirros
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried at heintze dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:56:24 -0500
- Subject: Re: Bad mirros
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200412161841921.SM01224@fasolt>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 08:38 PM 12/16/2004, you wrote:
>I've been trying for weeks to upgrade my Cygwin installation but the setup
>program, after I have spent 15 or 20 minutes selecting the software I want,
>comes back and says the download is aborted, would I like to try again?
>This is very frustrating because then I have to spend another 20 minutes on
>So far, after 8 tries, I have not found a good mirror. Anyone know of a good
I use http://mirrors.cn.net. YMMV. Typically, what makes a "good" or "bad"
mirror has more to do with the specifics of the path from you to it than
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html