This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup problem persistent?
- From: "Fergus Daly" <f dot daly at chs dot dundee dot ac dot uk>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>, <vogt at inf dot ethz dot ch>
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:59:45 -0000
- Subject: Re: setup problem persistent?
> There was a hint on this list to first install it
> without the X11 stuff. This indeed seems to work partially.
> However, when I install everything except the X11 section,
> some postinstall scripts will complain about missing DLLs.
> This is not nice.
Since the recent emergence of xorg-related problems I've achieved
complete glitchless installations in two stages as
(i) "Base" (Default)
followed immediately by
(ii) the rest (click on Default to change to Install).
There's no need to choose anything, worry about dependencies (or
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html