This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: coreutils-5.2.1-2
- From: Reini Urban <rurban at x-ray dot at>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:55:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: coreutils-5.2.1-2
- References: <200412211114.iBLBEV929467@esds.vss.fsi.com>
Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
I have uploaded coreutils-5.2.1-2.
This package superseeds the packages fileutils, sh-utils and textutils.
The files from these packages should get uninstalled automatically when
you start setup the next time and coreutils should be installed instead.
This Cygwin release differs from the vanilla sources in the following ways:
- kill(1) isn't installed so not to overwrite kill(1) from the Cygwin
base package. Same for the man page kill.1.
- su(1) is a non-functional shell script which points you to substitutes.
- cp(1), install(1), ln(1) and mv(1) contain patches to deal with .exe
suffixes more or less transparently.
I'm releasing this package only because nobody else did so far and this
already took too long. I'm not at all interested to stay coreutils
maintainer for a long time. Along the same line, I'm not going to discuss
the way I packed this package. If anybody dislikes the way this package
is packed, consider to take over maintainership.
If anybody wants to take over maintainership, (s)he's more than welcome.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html