This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: How change libtool rule of naming dlls from "cygFOO-version.dll" to "FOO.dll"?
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Mike Kenny - BCX - Professional Services JHB" <Mike dot Kenny at bcx dot co dot za>, "Mikhail Dmitrievsky" <mishadm at mail dot ru>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:24:53 -0500
- Subject: RE: How change libtool rule of naming dlls from "cygFOO-version.dll" to "FOO.dll"?
- References: <0C7AD907113E984F9C2AF0B651D0D3DE577129@exmid04.africa.enterprise.root>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 02:03 AM 12/21/2004, you wrote:
> What is the effect of using
>$ ln cygsurfit-1.dll libsurfit.dll
>to create a link rather than simply rename?
Windows does not support loading of DLLs through links.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html