This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Rob S.i.k.l.o.s" <rob2 at siklos dot ca>, "Duch" <knight dot rider at zoznam dot sk>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:07:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: problem
- References: <41C81748.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 09:17 AM 12/21/2004, you wrote:
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Duch" <>
>Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 7:30 AM
>>i had installed cygwin long time ago...it has around 3gb on my disk ://
>>i installed it only on my user account. it was working, great...i had user DuchXX@pcname.
>>i deleted this user a make new....but when i run cygwin in that user, there was just:
>>bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
>>i set the variables to installdir/all subdirs including tmp directory, but it still doesnt work.
>>wheres the problem?
>You probably have to install Cygwin for "All Users", instead of "Just Me".
Well, one could, but that would be the long way around most likely.
However, as Igor suggested, it makes sense to limit advice until we get
the information requested at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html