This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libtool creating DLLs called ".exe"
- From: Lapo Luchini <lapo at lapo dot it>
- To: "[ML] CygWin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:04:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: libtool creating DLLs called ".exe"
- References: <41C952CC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Lapo Luchini wrote:
> I'll try to debug it this evening, on the train, on my way home...
> hope to find the problem and/or a fix.
In the libtool generated for sqilte I found the bug to be that $soname
is defined with $shared_extension, which in turn is defined with
$shrext, but the file contained "only" a definition for $shrext_cmds
(defined but never used), and no $shrext at all.
Modifying the line to say $shrext instead of $shrext_cmds completely
solved the problem. I was pretty much happy and ready to send a ptch
upstream when I noticed that in a different project the code that used
$shr_ext wasn't included at all and that "patch" did nothing to help.
Moreover reading the "original" libtool I noticed that BOTH $shrext and
$shrext_cmds are used here and there... but I know very little about
Thus, I don't know the "real solution" yet ^_^"""
(one could be to write to a libtool mailing list insetad of a cygwin
one, that's for sure.. but I tought someone could be interested too, as
the problem arose more than one time on this list already...)
email@example.com (PGP & X.509 keys available)
http://www.lapo.it (ICQ UIN: 529796)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html