Re: How change libtool rule of naming dlls from "cygFOO-version.dll" to "FOO.dll"?

Mikhail Dmitrievsky wrote:
Hello!

I have a problem. I write dll for Tcl and my dll must have fixed name "libsurfit.dll" because of fixed initial procedure name, but using libtool i have cygsurfit-1.dll :(

Use the "-module" flag with libtool. That will create libsurfit-1.dll instead of cygsurfit-1.dll.

If you also want to get rid of the version number, use in addition the "-avoid-version" flag.

eg.

libtool -module -avoid-version .......

Maarten