This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setting $HOME for Windows
- From: Chris Herborth <cherborth at qnx dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:26:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: Setting $HOME for Windows
- Organization: QNX Software Systems Ltd.
- References: <20041223173744.GA752@home>
- Reply-to: cherborth at qnx dot com
I remember reading some time ago a vague admonition against manually
setting $HOME as a Windows environment variable.
I set mine to something sensible (usually d:\home or d:\home\userid)
before installing Cygwin; I've never had any trouble. Perhaps the issue
is with the spaces in the default $USERPROFILE?
Chris Herborth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Never send a monster to do the work of an evil scientist.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html