This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
New setup.exe release candidate - please test
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 19:28:56 -0000
- Subject: New setup.exe release candidate - please test
- Repair the broken detection of wrongly-sized package files.
- Fix setup keeping open handles to every tarball it installs during a run.
- Fix a miscellany of error-reporting deficiencies.
- Close stdin, to protect against rogue postinstall scripts attempting to
wait for user input.
Also, this release appears in my testing to fix the hang when a new
install-everything setup is attempted, as side-effect of other bugfixes.
Please test - if no regressions are discovered in the next few days, it will
be promoted to the release version, accessible from the cygwin.com main
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html