Re: available for test: findutils-20041219-1

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 09:04:13PM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
>However this also means that it's impossible for any "userspace" code
>that wants to list the mounts to avoid the spurious floppy seek, which
>seems like undue punishment.

That has been the case for some time.

>Especially mean since the error returned by GetFileAttributes causes
>the code to ignore that drive and continue on, and so /cygdrive/a is
>not returned in the mount list.

The drive shows up if there is something in it.

>I guess what I'm getting at is it's impossible to patch find (and the
>various other utilities that were reported to cause a seek) to not
>invoke the seek.  Do you have any plans to consider applying the Cygwin
>patch at all or do we just get to live with a floppy seek at every
>login or invocation of find?

Let me say it again.  This is not new behavior:

2003-08-05  Pavel Tsekov  <ptsekov@gmx.net>

        * path.cc (cygdrive_getmntent): Do not skip over drives of type
        DRIVE_REMOVABLE.

Perhaps you should be discussing this with Pavel.

cgf