This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: ghostscript-8.15-2
- From: Rajesh Balakrishnan <rajesh_balakrishnan at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 05:46:20 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: ghostscript-8.15-2
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The Ghostscript package has been updated to 8.15-2. This is the
first release of the Cygwin version of the Ghostscript 8.1x series.
The Cygwin version of GPL Ghostscript supports both a native Win32
version and a X11 version for Cygwin XFree86. A single source
package is used to build both versions. Three separate packages
* A base package, ghostscript-base, which contains the support
files necessary for both the native and X11 versions, as well
as the manual pages and documentation.
* A native package, ghostscript, which contains the native version
of Ghostscript (gs.exe), along with the corresponding scripts.
* An X11 package, ghostscript-x11, which contains the X11 version
of Ghostscript (gs.exe) and scripts.
Both binary versions use the libpng and zlib shared libraries.
Enhancements to Ghostscript-8.1x include
* PDF writer now implements PDF 1.4 encryption.
* Support for JBIG2 encoded images.
* Improved font support and rendering.
Details are at /usr/share/doc/ghostscript-8.15/History8.htm
Some files were missing in ghostscript-8.15-1, so please use
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.
Do you Yahoo!?
Send a seasonal email greeting and help others. Do good.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html