This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: du reports half of correct file sizes
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: Cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 16:10:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: du reports half of correct file sizes
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <009a01c4eadb$43448d40$6400000a@RossLap>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Ross Boulet wrote:
> I saw some old items in the archives (circa 2001) but there
> was not much there about this problem. The most recent
> version of coreutils seems to have broken du. The listing
> below illustrates my point:
If you have POSIXLY_CORRECT set in your environment then the default
block size for du is 512 bytes, which is what the posix standard
requires. Use -b or -k if you want bytes or kbytes, respectively.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html