This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin package management
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Michel Van den Bergh <vdbergh at luc dot ac dot be>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:47:50 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin package management
- References: <200412271301.iBRD1kl10849@esds.vss.fsi.com> <41D01F3F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Michel Van den Bergh wrote:
> I am learning cygwin package management. Something I don't
> know how to do is how to install a binary package from
> ***within cygwin***, i.e. the equivalent of rpm -i..
> Can somebody enlighten me?
Use the same 'setup.exe' tool that you used to install Cygwin. You should
be aware that there is a "release candidate" version of setup.exe at
<http://cygwin.com/setup-snapshots/> that's looking for testers.
P.S. Please start a new thread if asking unrelated questions, instead of
following up to an existing thread (this applies to both of your
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html