This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Ssh ignores $HOME
- From: "Ben Wing" <ben at 666 dot com>
- To: "'Cygwin List'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, "'Michael Sperber'" <sperber at informatik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Cc: "'Stephen J. Turnbull'" <stephen at xemacs dot org>, <xemacs-review at xemacs dot org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:11:39 -0600
- Subject: RE: Ssh ignores $HOME
> What in ssh's documentation says that it will *use* $HOME to
> determine where your .ssh directory is? The documentation
> uses $HOME for notational
> convenience and says that it will *set* HOME in the ssh
> environment AFAICS.
> Your $HOME directory in a ssh session under Cygwin is
> determined the same
> way it's determined in a local shell session. Your home
> directory is defined
> in /etc/passwd.
Ack, the thinko strikes again ... Thanks for the correction.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html