Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 11:32:14PM -0500, Brian Bruns wrote:
>Remember, alot of these have been in the fortunes package for god
>knows how long, and Cygwin isn't the only one thats going to have
>them.  I'm betting that any distro that has the Fortunes package has
>them too.

Right.  The README of the package says this:

  The potentially offensive fortunes are installed by default on FreeBSD
  systems.  If you're absolutely, *positively*,
  without-a-shadow-of-a-doubt sure that your user community goes
  berzerk/sues your pants off/drops dead upon reading one of them, edit
  the Makefile in the subdirectory datfiles, and do "make all install".

So, we do undoubtedly have the default version and I am undoubtedly
getting more prudish about this type of thing.

Maybe we need a vote.  I would really like to know how people feel about
this.  We haven't had a vote in a long time so:

How do you feel about the off-color content in the cygwin fortune files?

  [ ] Offended.  Think about the children!
  [ ] Not offended.  Stop bothering me with your Puritanical values.
  [ ] Don't care.  Can we go back to talking about how negative this list is now?

cgf