RE: Obscene content in cygwin file.

> On Wednesday, January 05, 2005 10:58 PM [EST], Gary R. Van Sickle
> wrote:
>
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Not sure if the highly obscene limericks
> >> (/usr/share/fortune/limerick) are meant to be in the
> cygwin distro...
> >>
> >> Kalman Dee
> >> Canberra, OZ
> >
> > Um, yeah, I have to second that.  And I don't even want to
> know what
> > the French ones say.  A little on the blue side, Powers
> That Be, and
> > by "a little" I mean, "No one who is not a sailor admitted without
> > parent".
> >
> > --
> > Gary R. Van Sickle
>
> Remember, alot of these have been in the fortunes package for
> god knows how long, and Cygwin isn't the only one thats going
> to have them.  I'm betting that any distro that has the
> Fortunes package has them too.

Oh, I'm sure they do.  I'm probably less of a prude than even cgf, but I
sure as hell wouldn't want my boss/IT guy/whoever somehow stumbling across
something like that.  Read a few of 'em dude; what's next, "porntune"
downloading the latest pr0n videos and autoplaying them accidentally at your
next Powerpoint presentation?  This is simply not appropriate for any distro
that is intended for general audiences.  And we both know the howls we'd be
hearing from the Linux camp if Windows shipped with anything half as ribald
as this.

I'll have to check and make sure I didn't install this at work.  I suggest
others do likewise.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle