RE: fortune maintainer wanted and question for Corinna (was Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.)

> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>
> >> Any company firing me for "creating a hostile work
> environment" for
> >> such a matter as this is, in my book, not a company I wish to work
> >> for. YMMV.
> >
> > Nor I. In fact, I doubt many would disagree. But then, many have
> > mouths to feed, and may not have the luxury of wishing.
>
> Then you have no sense of self-worth. Sorry to hear that.

1.  ?
2.  Kiss my fortune-o, DeFaria.

> >> What the hell is some other employee doing snooping around your
> >> computer to view these files?!? To me *that's* a hostile work
> >> environment created by the snooping employee!
> >
> > Welcome to the 21st century Andrew.
>
> This has nothing to do with what year it is.

Yeah, it does.  For the first time in history, there are now two lawyers for
every human on the planet.  Lawyers subsist almost entirely on a diet of
lawsuits.  Lawsuits themselves have now evolved to the point where they can
sometimes even grow in places which defy common sense.

> It's simple
> common sense.

In a world where McDonalds loses a bajillion-dollar lawsuit because its
coffee is hot, common sense is a thing of the past my naive friend.

> Granted some employers don't have that but some do. I choose
> to work for the latter.

Pray you know your employer as well as you believe you do.

Oh, right, you're an atheist.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle