Re: Obscene content in cygwin file.

The political correctness brainwashing machine has done its job
quite well, AFAICS.

Well, let's face it, I'm a woman. I'm by definition one of the
disadvantaged groups of the society. The joke is this, I'm not
at all offended by offensive jokes. I don't have to laugh if I
don't like the joke, but I laugh also about jokes which are
so-called offensive. So what? As I wrote in another mail, 99%
of the jokes are in a way directed against anybody.

And here's a couple of question:

 Where is the border between a "non-offensive" joke and an
 "offensive" joke?

Who defines the border?

 If 80% of the worlds population is offended by a joke, is it
 an offensive joke?

 If 20% of the worlds population is offended by a joke, is it
 an offensive joke?

 If any one person on the world is offended by a joke, is it
 an offensive joke?

 If any joke can offend any one person on the world, are all
 jokes offensive?

 Should we forbid to tell jokes, so that the danger that anybody
 could perhaps be offended, is zero?

Should we arrest joke tellers?

Should we burn all existing books which contain jokes?

Do you get the message?

Corinna

NB: Did anybody read "Fahrenheit 451" from Ray Bradbury? It's not about
jokes in the first place, but somehow this discussion reminds me
of the book in a fatal way

I've follow with interest this talk about an obscene content in cygwin file and I agree 100 % with Corinna.

Stop wanting to burn Witches or to chase Communists, they are all dead...