This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: snapshot 20050114 race
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:26:58 +0100
- Subject: Re: snapshot 20050114 race
- References: <41E809AD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jan 14 11:04, Eric Blake wrote:
> Something between the stock 1.5.12-1 and the 20050114 snapshot introduced
> a data race on removing a directory shortly after being in it. I couldn't
> narrow it down to a repeatable testcase, but notice the difference between
> these two runs of a subset of the coreutils-5.3.0 testsuite:
> Adding a delay between the cd and rm of the trap makes the rm work all the
> time, and reverting to the 1.5.12 release no longer has the problem. I
> wonder if the new code in chown() is causing this race.
What about the 2005-01-11 snapshot?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html