Re: Cant install Cygwin

At 10:34 PM 2/1/2005, you wrote:
>Maybe somehow the base packages were deselected or something , so what
>i would do is uninstall cygwin completely, then run setup.exe again
>and let it do a default install.  Then after installation is complete
>run setup.exe again to add more packages.

Ah, that's probably not required, though it may also work.  See my advice
at the end of this message.

>Its a good idea to save
>setup.exe because it acts as a package manager to your already
>installed system (like apt kindof).

'setup.exe' is simply the executable to use to install and upgrade Cygwin.
It's worthwhile to hang onto the copy you download but there's nothing
that says you need to or that it makes a difference.

>On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 03:29:37 +0000, Dumb & Dumber <xxx@x.xx> wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> I installed Cygwin on Windows Xp SP2. During install to select some packages
>> like; apache postgresql and download from net. I installed cygwin to
>> D:\cygwin. There was no error until installation finish but when I run
>> cygwin.bat.
>> It shown propmt but can't run any command.
>>
>> bash-2.05b$ who
>> bash: who: command not found
>> bash-2.05b$ ps
>> bash: ps: command not found