This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: errors during setup
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:39:37 -0800
- Subject: Re: errors during setup
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <CMM.0.91.0.1107329305.arthur@oregano>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Arthur Arapetian wrote:
> I got errors during installation and ssh setup. One error repeated itself several times during the final phase of the instalation.
> "entry point _fopen64 link could not be located in cygwin1.dll"
> the other message appeared during the ssh setup.
> "entry point _getreent could not be located in the dynamic library cygwin1.dll"
> I have tried reinstalling, installing from the scratch and in all three cases I get the same error messages.
> I am running Windows XP proffessional on a pentium 3 machine.
It sounds like you have an older copy of cygwin1.dll on your system,
from some other piece of software. Please read and follow the
instructions at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, especially the part
about attaching cygcheck output.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html