This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 03:14:12 -0500
- Subject: sourceware.org downtime
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
If you were subscribed to this list you should have received email
telling you that sourceware.org (aka cygwin.com/gcc.gnu.org) was down.
As you can see, we are now back up again.
We had a hard disk failure which was exacerbated by faulty RAID
firmware. Putting a new disk into the array caused massive
We're back online now, running from backups that are less than 24 hours
old. The RAID firmware has been updated and we've verified that this
problem should not reoccur.
Running from backups means that we've jumped back in time so if you've
subscribed or unsubscribed from this list and now are either not getting
or getting it, that's why.
Also any package maintainers who released packages last Thursday (2005-02-03)
or Wednesday (2005-02-02) should double check that their packages are
And now to bed.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html