This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RFE: enhance setup.exe to used cached mirrors file (was Re: sourceware.org downtime)
- From: linda w <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 18:19:19 -0800
- Subject: RFE: enhance setup.exe to used cached mirrors file (was Re: sourceware.org downtime)
- References: <20050206081412.GA13247@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <4206C56B.email@example.com> <4206EE73.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I 2nd this request -- wanted to install some other packages but was
blocked by the mirrors.txt download -- maybe it could use a cached
copy of mirrors.txt to look at other mirror files -- i.e. cache mirrors.txt
on the existing mirrors so if cygwin server is down, setup would use
existing mirrors to avoid a single point of failure -- but still
check mirrors.txt on cygwin.com if it was up.
Alexey N. Solofnenko wrote:
Would not it be great if Cygwin's setup did not just fail if
mirrors.lst is unavailable and continued with just last server in the
list? I tried to install Cygwin KDE, but setup was failing on a
completely unrelated to what I was doing problem.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html