This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Help with deleting Cygwin shortcuts
- From: Peter Rehley <peter at rehley dot net>
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:51:13 -0800
- Subject: Re: Help with deleting Cygwin shortcuts
- References: <20050209012322.DF78D4C045@webmail1.spymac.net>
On Feb 8, 2005, at 5:23 PM, Ivan Lenev wrote:
Have you tried change or looking at the permissions on the shortcuts?
Can someone help me with deleting all the files from the
I was able to delete about 99% of the files in the
directories, but some files stated that they cannot be
deleted because "Access is Denied. Make sure the disk is
not full or write protected." I tried everything from 'Safe
Mode' to deleting with Cmd. All of these files are
Shortcuts to some other files. Ex. d:\cygwin\etc\hosts
cannot be deleted.
I even tried cutting them into the recycle bin. I am also
sure that the shortcuts are not used by any programs or
Any help would be appreciated!!!
A Møøse once bit my sister
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html