This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsh command gives: "rlogin: read: Operation not permitted"
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Kouteren, Adrie van" <Adrie dot vanKouteren at getronics dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:47:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: rsh command gives: "rlogin: read: Operation not permitted"
- References: <03020C99C1C6E64DA0619855A82CC8B9321692@excbebr201.europe.unity>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 06:43 AM 2/10/2005, you wrote:
>I installed cygwin on a Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 PC on my work.
>Installation is OK, but when a try to do a
>I always get:
>rlogin: read: Operation not permitted
>I get this when I try to connect to one of the AIX machines, but also when I try to connect to my laptop.
>When I do a telnet it works ok and I get for example:
>CYGWIN_NT-5.0 1.5.5(0.94/3/2) (g1gpv0j) (tty0)
This says you're using using Cygwin DLL version 1.5.5. The current version
is 1.5.12. Please upgrade and try again.
>When I try the same from my laptop it works OK.
>- installing version 2.457.2.1
>- isntalling version 2.416
These are the version numbers for the setup program. They tell us nothing
about the version of Cygwin you have installed, the packages you have, or
>-copying the working installed version from my laptop
>but always the same problem.
>Anyone any idea ??
Sure. If the above suggestion doesn't help, please read and carefully
follow the guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html