This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Apache as a Windows Service?
- From: "Ronald S Woan" <woan at woan dot org>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:49:34 -0800
- Subject: Apache as a Windows Service?
- Organization: Seattle School of Hardknocks
- Reply-to: <woan at woan dot org>
have read /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/apache-1.3.29-1.README which indicates all
you need is the -a "-F" flag. I did have to run rebaseall which cause httpd
to fail which was fixed using setup to do a reinstall of apache. Problem now
is I quit my shell that started the httpd daemon and disconnected, httpd
dies, so it seems like the windows service is the best option to keep it
running even when I am logged off.
$ cygrunsrv -I apache -p /usr/sbin/httpd.exe -a "-F"
$ cygrunsrv -S apache
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:
The service has not been started.
$ /usr/sbin/httpd.exe -F
Ronald S Woan
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html