This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Apache as a Windows Service?
- From: Peter Rehley <peter at rehley dot net>
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 23:39:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: Apache as a Windows Service?
- References: <200502120253.j1C2qcWa022955@world.waena.edu>
On Feb 11, 2005, at 6:49 PM, Ronald S Woan wrote:
have read /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/apache-1.3.29-1.README which indicates
you need is the -a "-F" flag. I did have to run rebaseall which cause
to fail which was fixed using setup to do a reinstall of apache.
is I quit my shell that started the httpd daemon and disconnected,
dies, so it seems like the windows service is the best option to keep
running even when I am logged off.
$ cygrunsrv -I apache -p /usr/sbin/httpd.exe -a "-F"
$ cygrunsrv -S apache
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error
The service has not been started.
$ /usr/sbin/httpd.exe -F
Ronald S Woan
Did you check the log files?
A Møøse once bit my sister
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html