This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: missing man pages?
- From: Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:59:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: missing man pages?
- References: <420E945B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin at gmail dot com>
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:42:19 -0800, Mathew Yeates <email@example.com> wrote:
> I've looked everywhere and I can't find a complete set of manpages. In
> particular, I want stat.3 or fstat.3. Are these available? Where can I
> get them?
I'm afraid we don't have Cygwin man pages for a lot of the standard system
calls. You can read the Single UNIX Specification online, or I suppose you
could copy them from a Linux package if you don't mind remembering that
they might be slightly wrong. (Linux does not always follow the SUS.)
It would be great if the Open Group would have a redistributable tarball of
the SUS man pages, but they're not into that.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html