This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe fails
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:23:28 -0800
- Subject: Re: setup.exe fails
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <420F7969.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I have just fetched all Cygwin updates to a local directory, and started
> setup.exe to install them.
> setup.exe fails with following error:
> uname.exe - Cannot find start address
> Cannot find procedure start address -impure_ptr in DLL file cygwin1.dll
That usually means you have an older/incompatible cygwin1.dll from some
other piece of software hanging around in your path. Attach the
cygcheck output as it says to at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> if
you want more help.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html