This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: file globbing
- From: "John Morrison" <john at morrison dot mine dot nu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:50:34 -0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: file globbing
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: john at morrison dot mine dot nu
> I've recently noticed a problem with Cygwin ls. I did a quick search of
> the archives, but didn't get any hits. Has anyone else seen this?
> Try: ls -dl ../tcl[7-9]*
> Result on Linux: ../tcl ../tcl8
> Result on Cygwin: ../tcl8
> That is, on Cygwin tcl[7-9]* does not match tcl. I think it should.
> I have upgraded to the latest coreutils and still see the problem.
Which version of linux? What versions of ls and [insert shell] are you
using on both?
My Debian (testing) box matches Cygwin functionality...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html