This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin configuration trouble
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Sarah, Godfrey, Matthew & Vera" <kyedza at sdf dot lonestar dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:00:26 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin configuration trouble
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Sarah, Godfrey, Matthew & Vera wrote:
> I have downloaded and installed cygwin on a windows XP machine. I have used
> Johan Faxer's document on configuring cygwin.
> Why don't my commands like ls -la work?
> How can I make sure that unix commands in the cygwin bash shell work normally?
> How do I place cygwin/bin in the winXP path? Might that be my problem?
> I have used the net user postgres /homedir:"$(cygpath -w /home/postgres)"
> command but NO c:\cygwin\home\postgres folder is created? What am I doing
Apparently you're using a non-official installation guide for Cygwin.
You'd have to ask the author (Johan Faxer). If you do ask for help on
this list, please read and follow the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html