This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Command-Line Mail Client?
- From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed at reedmedia dot net>
- To: Mike Dillinger <miked at softtalker dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 12:57:31 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Command-Line Mail Client?
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Mike Dillinger wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a command-line mail client for Cygwin? I
> was looking for something along the lines of 'mail' or 'mailx' found in
> Linux distros.
On some Unix systems, I use:
# This is a shell script to emulate the standard mail(1) aka mailx(1)
# aka Mail(1) tool usage for sending emails. This shell script is not
# a client for checking or reading mail. Also, this version of mail
# does not touch any mail boxes.
Also, maybe http://nail.sourceforge.net/ will build and work under cygwin.
(It is an enhanced mail(1).)
Jeremy C. Reed
technical support & remote administration
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html