This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
how to bring job to foreground?
- From: Matt Wilkie <maphew at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:55:47 -0800
- Subject: how to bring job to foreground?
- Reply-to: Matt Wilkie <maphew at gmail dot com>
I just suspended a short commandline script to the background using ctrl-z
How do I bring it forward again? The bash prompt didn't come up after ctrl-z.
The script is:
for dir in *; do tar czf $dir.tgz $dir;done
If I open up another console I can see the processes are still active
using 'ps -a'
but the commands 'jobs, fg, bg' say there is nothing to control
thanks in advance for your time,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html