Re: perl & Win32 lib support

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Linda W wrote:

> Reini Urban wrote:
>
> > Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes schrieb:
> >
> > > 3) wait for an updated perl-libwin32 release (should be soon)
> >
> > It's already announced in cygwin-apps.
> > It just needs the necessary steps there.
>
> Not knowing the exact order of how things are released, does announcing
> it on "cygwin-apps" mean that it will be available via setup soon?

Announcing something on cygwin-apps means that the other maintainers will
look at it if necessary, and that someone with access will eventually
upload it to sourceware.org.  Once that happens, the package will be
announced on cygwin-announce, and *that* does mean that it'll be available
via setup soon. :-)

> When it is, does that mean we should be able to build perl modules/utils
> that inter-operate with the native Win32 interface?

I'll let Reini answer this one.

> What necessary steps does it need on cygwin-apps before it is released
> for public consumption?

At the very least it needs to be uploaded to sourceware.org.  I'd wait for
it to appear on cygwin-announce before trying to download it via setup.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT