regtool - 1.8 - Core dump

It dosn't feel like a feature so it must be a Bug for
sure :)
Don't worry it's easy to reproduce:
bash-2.05b$ ./regtool -K
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
crashes with a core dump insteed of printing the usage
information while
regtool --key-seperator and regtool --key-seperator=
does the right thing.
BTW: Why does CygWin use something evil like the
Window$ Registry anyway for mount points?
My Problem was that I have a X11 CygWin Installation
on my USB Stick so when traveling I can access my
Internet Host from almost any Internet Cafe running M$
on the planet. Unfortunatly some places do not allow
to import Registry Keys which imo makes sense. I tried
a workaround by using mount which gave me a headache
mounting the root partition. So I made a script with
regtool tumbling over the above error.
bash-2.05b$ ./regtool -V
regtool (cygwin) 1.8
Registry Tool
Copyright 2000, 2001, 2002 Red Hat, Inc.
Compiled on Nov 10 2004
It's supposed the latest release as I just did
download it.
As written in the Documentation:
"Note that modifying the Windows registry is
dangerous, and carelessness here can result in an
unusable system. Be careful."
Who would let a buggy programm do it?
So I ended up writing a small GUI programm with BC6
which allows me to edit all these mount points has
anybody out there any idea what the values in
"cygdrive flags" and flags have as a meaning. I'am
sure it's documented in the sourcecode but if anybody
out there knows please let me know so that I can
donate my CygWin Mount Point editor to the free Source
comunity without getting flamed for using wrong flag
values.
My email is webmaster at felixfrisch dot de
For those interested the script which gave me a
serious headache with all these for and backward
slashes is here:
<---- Snip here if you would like to use
#!/cygdrive/e/aIEngine/cygwin/bin/bash
./regtool add /HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cygnus\
Solutions
./regtool add /HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cygnus\
Solutions/Cygwin
./regtool add /HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cygnus\
Solutions/Cygwin/mounts\ v2
./regtool -i set '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\cygdrive flags' 34
./regtool -s set '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\cygdrive prefix' /hallo
./regtool add '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/'
./regtool -i set '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/\flags' 2
./regtool -s set '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/\native'
e:/aIEngine/cygwin
./regtool add '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin'
./regtool -i set '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin\flags' 2
./regtool -s set '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin\native'
e:/aIEngine/cygwin/bin
./regtool add '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib'
./regtool -i set '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib\flags' 2
./regtool -s set '\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus
Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib\native'
e:/aIEngine/cygwin/lib
-----> EOF
Line 2 and 3 are not really needed and as you can see
I used the Subdirectory aIEngine of my own Software so
you may have to delete all the /aIEngine stuff.
It works fine for me and the Cygwin installation on my
USB Stick. On a Windows$ machine without any mount
points in the registry I start cygwin.bat run this
script close the shell and start cygwin.bat again
having all the necessary mount points without running
Regedit or any other Script which may exist but is
unknown to me.
Thanks for taking the time to read this message all
the way thru.
Alexander

=====
http://tahi4x4.felixfrisch.de                Take a look :)