This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing Perl modules with "perl -MCPAN -e shell;" fails with "02packages.details.txt.gz does not contain a Line-Count header"
- From: Stephan Petersen <sp at gtt-technologies dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:34:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: Installing Perl modules with "perl -MCPAN -e shell;" fails with "02packages.details.txt.gz does not contain a Line-Count header"
- Organization: GTT-Technologies
- References: <0MKpV6-1D4XMu3JLafirstname.lastname@example.org>
Please check the validity of the index file by comparing it to more
than one CPAN mirror.
Have you tried this? E.g. configured CPAN to use another mirror and tried
yes, it's the same for every CPAN mirror I've tried. I've deleted CPAN's
config.pm and my .cpan directory several times now, it's the same after
Testing 02packages.details.txt.gz with gzip -t reports:
gzip: 02packages.details.txt.gz: invalid compressed data--format violated
Same with 03modlist.data.gz.
I'm using cygwin on W2k with default text file type "DOS", in case
Stephan Petersen email@example.com
Visit GTT's Technical Thermochemistry Web Page at
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html