This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing Perl modules with "perl -MCPAN -e shell;" fails with "02packages.details.txt.gz does not contain a Line-Count header"
- From: Jason Pearce <jason dot pearce at ieee dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: sp at gtt-technologies dot de
- Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:22:05 +0000
- Subject: Re: Installing Perl modules with "perl -MCPAN -e shell;" fails with "02packages.details.txt.gz does not contain a Line-Count header"
I don't recall -- did you attach the output of "cygcheck -svr" at some
point (if so, just point to it in the archives, no need to repost)? My
guess is that this may be a textmode vs. binmode issue. Try making your
home directory a binmode mount, or setting PERLIO=crlf and see if that
helps with CPAN.
Actually I think this advice is the wrong way around. Before running
CPAN, I think you should unset PERLIO if you otherwise have it set. I
set PERLIO=crlf by default because my perl scripts heavily interact with
DOS programs. If I run CPAN directly I have problems. But CPAN works
fine once I unset PERLIO
I run it like this:
>unset PERLIO; perl -MCAPN ....
FYI - my home directory is a binmode mount.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html