This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: Ariel Burbaickij <ariel dot burbaickij at gmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:12:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: libperl.dll
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
Hello mailing list participants,
xchat in binary form as provided by cygnome requires libperl.dll in
version (5.6.1) in my case. File is not available in my installation
and the version
of perl used is considerably higher 5.8. So well the simple symlink
work or is the required version the only thing that will be accepted.
If yes, is anyone
aware of any trustworthy places where I can get it?
5.6.x perl releases are outdated and no longer supported.
You cannot copy the 5.8 perl DLL to substitute 5.6 perl because:
1. the rest of perl-5.6.x is no longer available
2. 5.6 and 5.8 are not binary compatible
Rebuild xchat against the latest perl.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html