This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: what is ping reponse timeout mean?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:04:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: what is ping reponse timeout mean?
- References: <200502280137.j1S1bUqo010016@mail11.bigmailbox.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 05:37:30PM -0800, shih lin wrote:
>after I connect to aol, I get aol's ip, then I went to
>www.network-tools.com to use its trace and ping to check this address,
>the result of ping say time out.
>the result of trace at last 4 parts always response timeout except one
>time I change my XP home ed window security (firewall setting) (I can
>not remembered which), it success report to host name with that ip
>first, what is timeout mean for both ping and trace? and second,
>should I change my xp's window firewall setting so It won't have
>timeout. -- and can it finally let outsider see my website's test page
>by typing that aol assigned public?
>highly appreciate your help, and thanks in advance
I don't see anything in the above that is remotely related to cygwin.
If you need help setting up some part of XP then you should be seeking
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html