cron copy on network drives

Hi,

I am trying to set up a cron service to update some directories on a
network drive, but I ran into a problem.

This copy command works from the command-line:
cp -a -u -v //mydrive/myshare/dir1/* //mydrive/myshare/dir2 >> log 2>&1

However, if I run it with cron I get the following error:
cp: cannot stat `//mydrive/myshare/dir1/*': No such file or directory

Do I need to use a different syntax for the path or am I doing
something else wrong? I am running Windows XP Professional version 2002
SP1 and cygwin DLL version 1.5.12.

Thanks,
Paul