Does cygwin support xim?

I have ported a Vietnamese keyboard application from
linux to cygwin, but it can't run as I want. When it
ran, it warned that " Cannot load either en_US.UTF-8
or vi_VN.UTF-8 lo. To use this program you must have
one of these locales installed". Despite it ran but it
didn't have any effect on keyboard.

I want to ask you that "Is cygwin/x support xim?".

The second, could you tell me something about "locale
support" in cygwin?
Thanks.