From: Igor Pechtchanski [mailto:pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 6:01 PM
To: NOTAY Gurmukh
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Problem with cygwin-1.5.13-1 installation Win XP

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, NOTAY Gurmukh wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have problem with cygwin-1.5.13-1 installation on Win XP.

Please read and follow the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, particularly the bit about attaching
(as an uncompressed text *attachment*) the output of "cygcheck -svr" on
your system.

> During the installation I get the error message:
>
> Sed.exe
> Could not find cygintl-3.dll
>
> Could anyone  tell me how to fix this problem in this release.

Without the output of "cygcheck -svr" this is just a WAG, but here goes:
Don't try to be smarter than the setup utility -- don't unselect anything
that setup selects for installation.  You may think you don't need some
obscure package named "libintl3", but trust me, setup *does* know better.

If you didn't unselect any packages before installing, please provide the
exact steps for reproducing your problem on a clean installation.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT

____

This message and any files transmitted with it are legally privileged and intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the content of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Nothing in this e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part of EUROCONTROL unless it is confirmed by appropriately signed hard copy.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the sender.