Re: cygwin-1.5.14 crashes with memory fault?

Lester Ingber wrote:
No, I usually only have the /usr/sbin/cron executable run in my profile
(it's been commented out for a few days).  I wait until my first window
is up before starting other tools.

If you can suggest how to debug Cygwin-1.5.14 when I can't bring up a
window, since I immediately get a memory exception, I'd be glad to try.
It's true that the only change in my Cygwin system just before installing
1.5.14 was the standard setup install of the new tetex utils.

I'm not sure what you mean by "can't bring up a window". Cygwin doesn't need a window. Run cmd.exe, then run cygcheck, assuming you've put the cygwin directory in your PATH. Don't run bash, nor rxvt. Those are just other utilities that run using cygwin. But cygwin will work from CMD.EXE as well.

--
Jonathan Arnold     (mailto:jdarnold@buddydog.org)
Amazing Developments       http://www.buddydog.org

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be
lived forwards. -- Soren Kierkegaard